Welcome to ARC 2011
The 7th International Symposium on Applied Reconfigurable Computing
23-25 March 2011, Belfast, United Kingdom
Organized by the Queen's University of Belfast
- Download the ARC2011 poster (1st February 2011)
- Online registration has now opened (12th January 2011)
- Author notification of acceptance/rejection issued (3rd January 2010)
- Final Call For Papers Circulated (14th November 2010)
- Paper submission deadline has been extended (final) until the 22nd November 2010 (14th November 2010)
- Special Session on Dynamic DSP Systems: Algorithms and Embedded Architectures announced (11th November 2010)
- Paper submission deadline has been extended until the 15th November 2010 (13th October 2010)
- 2nd Call For Papers Circulated (13th October 2010)
- 1st Call For Papers Circulated (8th September 2010)
Applied Reconfigurable Computing (ARC)
Reconfigurable Computing (RC) technologies offer the promise of substantial gains in performance and power efficiency over traditional architectures via customizing, even at runtime, the topology of the underlying architecture to match the specific needs of a given application.
Contemporary configurable architectures allow for the definition of specific functional and storage units, adapted to the functions, bit-widths and control structures of a given computation. This flexibility enabled by reconfiguration can also be seen as a basic technique for overcoming permanent and transient failures on emerging device structures.
ARC aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners of reconfigurable computing with an emphasis on practical applications of this promising technology. This year's symposium will also host a series of international invited speakers to share their insights into the future of reconfigurable technology.
The ARC 2011 proceedings will appear in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series and also be available in the SpringerLink on-line service. Additionally, the top papers will be invited to submit to a special section of a forthcoming journal issue of Elsevier Microprocessors and Microsystems (MICPRO).
Call for papers and Submission Information
[ view full call for papers circular ]
Authors are invited to submit original contributions in English including, but not limited to, the areas of interest mentioned above. Submissions must be uploaded to the ARC website and identify the
format of the contribution as either:
- Long papers, (12 pages maximum) which should include mainly accomplished results (oral presentation);
- Short papers, (6 pages maximum, or 8 pages maximum upon payment of a further charge of US$100) to be composed of work in progress or reporting recent developments (poster presentation).
The format of the papers should be according to Springer-Verlag LNCS series (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) format rules (guidelines at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html).
- Paper submission extended (final) deadline: 22nd November 2010
- Notification of acceptance: 3rd January 2011
ARC2011 Mailing List
If you are not yet receiving direct ARC 2011 email notifications from firstname.lastname@example.org, and wish to be added to the ARC 2011 email distribution list, you can add your name to the mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.